Thursday, April 17, 2008

A dirty rotten week.

Well,

After a great crowd did wave me goodbye on saturday, i went of to Termunterzijl. In an easy pace i had to be there on sunday early afternoon. Josephen and my mum would say goodbye to me

During the night it is cold and freezing: minus 6 was registered one night, while my body does have to get used to the temparatures as well.

After two days i had to cross to Germany and the weather was perfect. No wind and a sunny day. When I arrived in the little harbour from Jemgum, things started to get worse. I did start to vomit and my bowls are not cooperating. I have been in bed for three days. Last friday I continued upstream the river Ems. Hard work and a lot of headwind as well.

I made it to the Sealocks of Heebron. And now continue to go inland. I pass by numerous locks and have to wait long times in the rain and the hail. So fun at all.
But like they said, Better a bad day in the kayak, than a good day in the office,
so far I made it to Munster. A nice city, with a lot of bridges and nice cafes.

After spending all the time camping, I now have residence in the ARV, the rowingclub overhere. A nice hot shower is welcome and a meal in a restaurant is welcome.

See you later,
I am not able to send pictures or can I use a grammar correction...this in case my English sucks!

7 comments:

Hans said...

Hi Jörgen!
It's good to hear from you. You were not lucky with the cold weather, and it's sad you felt so ill right at the start of your trip. But the frosty weather is now finally over, this weekend is said to be nice and warm, things will only go better!
Munster is a nice place, I remember great gastronomy - the Kleiner Kiepenkerl - famous for traditional Westphalian food like sausages and local specialities such as Potthast and Töttchen - lekker!! - Much calories, good for paddling!
Good luck,
Greetings,
Hans

Anonymous said...

Your English here really sucks, Jörgen. How I wish you could give me access to the Blog to make some revisions. But the thoughts are there and they are complete. What sucks is more on your typing skills.

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

"Anonymous" here on April 17, 2008 10:26 PM is JOSEPHEN.

Choosing an identity in order to publish "the" comment was a problem (and is always > check out! this will be posted as Anonymous again...Sorry!) for me.

JOSEPHEN

Theo en Kaat said...

jorgen!
Glad to read that you are well on your way - although your physical circumstances left something to be desired.
As Hans said this weekend should be warmer. We'll be thinking of you.
Take care!
By the way your English is just fine.

Akinol said...

See Please Here

Anonymous said...

Ha Jurgen,

Beter een slechte dag in een kano dan een goeie op kantoor. Zo is het maar net. Sterkte en veel geluk op je 'tochtje'.

Grt Ad.

Anonymous said...

Your English is better than my Dutch, Cheers Groetjes Greg